|newest artists||newest fans||community forum||community articles|
The Piano Roll Chopper is an advanced note slicer, than can use standardas patterns for slicing.
The Piano Roll Chopper uses standard Browse button to select a groove template. The shows real-time preview of the results.as slice patterns . Click the
This section lets you set the options that will be used for slicing.
- Time Multiplicator wheel - With this setting you can speed up (turn right) or speed down (turn left) the pattern tempo. The chopper uses the original pattern speed by default.
- Absolute Pattern switch - When switched on, slicing is based on the Piano Roll grid. When switched off, each note is sliced relative to its start time (see the example image below).
- Levels wheels - With these controls you can mix the original note properties (turn left) with those used in the chop pattern (turn right).
3. Apply button
Applies the changes to the Piano Roll score.
The Strum tool lets you shift the timing and velocity of the individual notes in chords to simulate strumming (as in guitar playing and some other string instruments).
Any set of partially or fully overlapping notes which share the same start time are considered a chord. The dialog box lets you set three kinds of modification to the chords: start time shifting, velocity shifting, and end time shifting.
1. Start section
Enable this section by activating the led at its top left corner. The Start section lets you modify notes' start time and/or velocity.
Lets you shift the start time of chord notes to create a strumming effect.
- Start knob - Adjusts the amount of time shift applied to the notes. You can also apply negative shift to strum from high notes to lower notes.
- Tension knob - Adjusts the strum 'tension', i.e. acceleration. Set a positive value to accelerate the strumming, or a negative value to decelerate.
Let's you increase or decrease the velocity (volume) of the subsequent notes in strummed chords.
- Start knob - Adjusts the amount of velocity shift applied to the notes. A positive value decreases the velocity with time, and negative value increases it
- Tension knob - Adjusts the velocity shift 'tension', i.e. acceleration. Set a positive value to decelerate the shifting with time, or a negative value to accelerate it.
- Preserve end - Enable this option to preserve the end time of the affected notes (note that the End section can still modify the end time) thus modifying the notes' length.
2. End section
Enable this section by activating the led at its top left corner. The End section lets you modify notes' end time.
Lets you shift the end time of chord notes.
- Start knob - Adjusts the amount of time shift applied to the end of the notes. You can also apply a negative shift.
- Tension knob - Adjusts the strum 'tension', i.e. acceleration. Set a positive value to accelerate the effect with time, or a negative value to decelerate it.